When I Opened My Eyes, I Was in the Middle of the Battlefield - Chapter 151
When I Opened My Eyes, I Was in the Middle of the Battlefield chapter 151
Senior Santa Cruz Cartel executive Miguel Alvarez stares at his phone screen in a shower robe.
It was because the phone was ringing and the bell rang loudly.
The caller is one of his limbs.
Seeing this, Miguel’s eyebrows curled.
“… You’re trying to annoy me.”
It was because the call came while I was resting after work.
It would have been nice if it was a trivial call, but there was no possibility of that happening.
Of course, it must have been work related.
A situation that is too cumbersome or difficult for a subordinate to handle.
Or else I couldn’t call myself.
My subordinate and him weren’t like friends, making casual phone calls after work.
One side commanded, the other side was a relationship of loyalty.
There was trust and bond between them, but the most important thing was the rank between the top and the bottom.
It was also the most important basis for maintaining the cartel.
It was when I answered the phone with a wrinkled impression and asked about business.
He heard something unexpected.
– The cops are looking for us. But I didn’t receive any instructions from Alvarez, so I don’t know what to say… … .
“What are you talking about?”
Miguel asked with a frown.
It was because the Santa Cruz police didn’t understand the words themselves because there was no reason to find them.
As I waited for an answer, I hesitated and the words came over.
– Sin, sorry. I don’t know why. They are also moving recklessly as if they only received orders. However, I’m not sure, but it seems to be looking for Alvarez’s location.
“… me? The Santa Cruz cops?”
Miguel’s wrinkled expression froze.
A situation I can’t understand.
A subordinate attached a clue to him, who was taken aback.
– Yes, it is. It’s probably on the orders of the deputy commissioner.
“… Find out why right now No, turn around and find out what’s going on with the police. Even if you move all your men.”
– All right.
After hanging up, Miguel found the phone number and took the deputy commissioner’s number.
And then I called right away and it stopped.
Shortly thereafter, a shallow breath came out.
I was going to make a call blindly because of the situation, but when I looked back, everything was strange.
Especially the deputy chief.
There was no possibility that he would have given these absurd instructions arbitrarily.
Clearly there was something.
He was a very cowardly man, not one to do dangerous things.
Maybe that’s why, at best, he was just passing the time without receiving training from the mercenaries he called with money.
I was scared that I had gathered some members and called mercenaries, but I was negotiating without doing anything.
That was all.
The deputy commissioner was a person who endured to become the chief of police and avoided danger to live.
This means that if something happened, you should have been notified immediately.
Even if I couldn’t contact him directly, even if I noticed because it was after work, I should have informed him of the matter at least through a subordinate.
Or else you will be retaliated against.
However, there was no contact from the deputy director who had instructed.
He was quiet even when his men first alerted him to the police’s movements.
Eventually, Miguel let out a shallow breath.
‘Did the CIA he talked about approach… … ? so you want to sell me? No, why is the CIA on me? There are several people above me… … .’
By the time his head gets busy.
Within a few minutes, the phone started ringing, and the screen displayed the number I was waiting for.
It was his subordinate whom he had just contacted.
As soon as I asked what had happened, he gave a frightening answer.
– A while ago, a bomb exploded in front of the hotel where the American mercenaries were staying.
“bomb?! f*ck! What did you explode?”
– There is a saying that it was thrown. I still haven’t figured out what kind of bomb it is… … .
“Throw? Are you saying someone did it? who is this?”
– I don’t know that yet, but judging from the reaction of the police, it seems like we know what we did… … .
“f*ck, crazy! we?! This crazy baby is to f*ck you… … !”
He paused as he spoke.
As the words “America” and “bomb” intertwined, something crossed my mind.
Miguel asked as if pointing it out.
“for a moment… It just exploded in front of the hotel… Are you saying it exploded just in time for the mercenaries to enter? So, are there any dead ones? Who threw the bomb?”
– Ah yes. They threw it when they entered, and all the people who threw it died. And the Americans have also heard that there are people who have been killed or injured… … .
“How long have you died?”
– I’m figuring out how many there are… At least one is said to have died. There was quite a bit of blood on the scene. How many people were injured? … .
“Of course I don’t know who threw it. Did you bring our corpses by any chance?”
– We’re figuring that out too, but there was no face on our side. I’ve been contacting them all, but I don’t know all of them. It’s like an outsider.
At those words, Miguel’s eyes flashed for a while.
he spoke calmly.
“Let’s keep looking… Where is that bastard now?”
– Oh, can I bring it?
Even though I spat out abusive words rather than my name, the person on the other side of the phone quickly understood and responded.
Because there was only one person Miguel could call that now.
It is Giandr Bashkanal’s subordinate.
When the boss’s nephew, Diego, was disgraced for being an illegal mercenary, he caught him as a way to vent his anger. And now, he was a person sent out with surveillance attached.
Not to mention where he was, he knew everything about what he was doing.
To this, Miguel replied briefly.
– All right.
“And the rest… Find out and call back.”
After hanging up the phone, Miguel looked at the contact information for the deputy commissioner of the Santa Cruz Police Department that was displayed again as soon as the call ended, then put the phone down.
Because his opponents weren’t the corrupt Santa Cruz cops.
It was impossible to conclude that he was the enemy, but it was clear that he was involved in this incident.
That’s how things went back.
The fact that a bomb exploded during a brief armed demonstration requested by Giandro, the fact that the police are making inquiries behind his back, and the information that the perpetrators are presumed to be outsiders, etc.
There was no direct evidence, but everything pointed to Giandr.
That’s why I asked him to bring his subordinates.
Just to check anything out.
It was around this time that I was looking through my contact list and looking for people I could contact.
The cell phone cried.
Miguel, who was about to answer the phone just like before, hesitated.
It was because an unfamiliar number was floating on the screen.
An unregistered, first-time number.
It must have been related to the current situation, and Miguel immediately accepted the call.
– Miguel Alvarez.
It was Giandro’s voice.
It was the sudden phone call from the man Miguel had suspected until just now.
That too directly from his cell phone.
“How did you know this number?”
– I should have warned you, don’t touch my men if you don’t want to be shot and killed by the hired mercenary.
When a different answer came out, Miguel’s question changed.
“… Damn, how else did you know that?”
-Do you think I would have done nothing even after going through that?
“It sounds like they made a move without our knowledge.”
He probably has a small radio or a transmitter or something.
Since he wasn’t watching right next to him, he probably wouldn’t have noticed anything suspicious.
With that thought, Miguel continued.
“I haven’t touched it yet, but it will depend on your answer. Chop it up and feed it to the dogs, or grind it up and use it as fertilizer on coca farms.”
– Shut up and keep your promise, get your hands off my men.
“No, the promise has already been broken.”
– The information I gave you… haven’t you checked? Didn’t you release it because you did it?
At the end of Giandro’s words, strength entered.
It was because the Pentagon and the CIA had informed him not long ago that they were with mercenaries, and Miguel had personally confirmed it.
Of course, there was no direct fact to be sure of.
Based on the premise that there is a Pentagon and the CIA, I just guessed by checking various data while digging into the information held by the political world and the police.
Miguel also nodded, but that was all.
It wasn’t that that mattered.
“No, something happened here that I don’t know about. That’s why the cops are looking for me.”
– Oh, that. I heard you.
“This son of a b*tch… … ! Shut up and answer me! Why are the cops looking for me?!”
When Miguel asked, Giandro’s laugh crossed over.
– hehehe, why? Are you scared? Are you afraid the cops will come to get you?
“You are the one who shut up and answer me. What did you do? What is your purpose?”
Miguel asked as if gnashing his teeth, and a laugh soon passed.
– hehehe… What difference would it make if you knew?
– Whatever I did… Tell the US through the Bolivian police? Thinking of becoming an informant for the CIA?
“f*ck you! Won’t you shut up?!”
Miguel snapped, and Giandro’s voice echoed behind him.
– Yes, that floor’s physiology is like that. No matter what I do, I can’t join hands with guys like the US or the CIA. is not it? what… I don’t know if you die
Miguel, who was about to scream again, managed to swallow his excitement.
I shouldn’t have been more angry.
If I hadn’t been able to control my temper, I couldn’t have come this far.
When necessary, I had to calculate coldly.
And even though his subordinates were being dragged, Giandro was talking as if he was not being harsh, as if provoking himself.
It means you have a card in your hand.
“Am I dying?”
– Maybe, if I help, the chances of living will increase.
“Could it be because of the Pentagon and the CIA? So you’re telling me to get rid of your sh*t?”
– It’s not like that, since the traces came from you, I’m going to rob you first. If you get caught and tortured and spit out my name, they’ll come after me.
“You are f*cking. Don’t talk back, say it right. What are you talking about now?”
Miguel frowned grimly and asked, holding back his anger.
And an unexpected answer came.
– You don’t know what to say? Your area is on the verge of being robbed.
“what… … ?”
– Do you know what a drone is?
“What was this asshole talking about earlier? Tell me properly, this is a baby! ”
– Farm near San Miguel Cathedral, southeast of Santa Cruz.
“… … ?!”
At that, Miguel’s eyes widened.
It was because there was a coca leaf farm managed by Miguel under the San Miguel Cathedral.
Of course, he had never told Giandr.
There was no reason to mention it, and it was a legal facility on paper, but it was actually a place that produced cocaine raw materials.
But Giandro was referring to the farm.
While Miguel paused, his voice continued in succession.
– It looks like you’re going there now. The angry mercenaries are about to arrive.
“then… … .”
Wait for Miguel’s eyes to move busily.
“Does the military and police come with you? Special forces or tanks?”
Then there was the possibility of negotiating on a case-by-case basis.
I don’t know about the United States, but the Bolivian government was a country that could speak the language.
However, the unexpected words came back.
– They seem to see the possibility of negotiations, but there are no government troops or police.
“So, are all the mercenaries coming?”
His head urgently recalled the size of the mercenaries that had entered the country.
There are 4 teams of 6, totaling 24 people.
Including administrative and administrative personnel, the total number reached 30 people.
It wasn’t a lot, but it wasn’t a small number either.
Even if I didn’t know exactly, it was because it was obvious that they were from the elite of the US military, different from the Bolivian military and police.
It might be difficult to defend with the troops on the farm.
Even though there were 60 to 70 members on standby at all times, the opponents were properly educated soldiers.
By the time Miguel’s forehead wrinkled.
– I’ll give you the numbers. About 10 people in all.
– Oh, but you can’t be careless. There’s one man who could destroy a gang all by himself.
“… U.S. Special Forces.”
Miguel, who was trying to calm himself down a bit, muttered something to himself, and Giandro corrected it correctly.
– No, Asian. If you have a chance to kill him, you must kill him. i will do that too so… Release the load first, right now. That’s why I’m not going to help or not?
Miguel was about to say yes, but hesitated.
“Wait, if an American dies here, we will be fully responsible? You want me to take care of it all? did you tell me There’s the f*cking CIA and the Pentagon.”
– So what are you going to do? Do you even surrender? Going out and having tea time with the Americans?
“… … .”
Miguel bit his lip.
Although I was afraid of the two organizations I mentioned, it was because it was difficult to surrender like Giandro said.
The meeting is also out of shape.
If I did, I wouldn’t even be able to lift my head off the floor.
It was because the cartel was a place where the hierarchy was more intuitive than anywhere else, made up of lineage, fear, and capital.
While thinking about this, words came across that seemed to tease and soothe him.
– Instead, deposit it into the account you sent it to before. 100,000 dollars for a head of an American guy, 1 million dollars for an Asian.
“Yankees are cheaper than Asians… Is he that great?”
– Yes, it seems that there are no rumors in South America yet… Your careless organization may be robbed and rumors may spread.
“Don’t be a jerk, make sure to send the money.”
– This one has no down payment, your credit is down.
– Deferred payment, but my credit rating is still the same, right? Information is clear.
“… … .”
Miguel gnashed his teeth again, but made no further reply.
His farm was in a hurry.
And immediately called the farm.
To alert the mercenaries of their approach and prepare them.
As he waited for the ringing tone, Miguel’s face began to harden.
The phone connection was still not working.
Until no one answered and the call was disconnected.
It was unbelievable.
It wasn’t because he was calling on his cell phone, but because he was contacting the office where the staff resided.
Soon, swearing escaped Miguel’s mouth.
“What the f*ck… … .”